Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting to know the bride... my sister

So for the past couple of months there has been parties, vacations, family gatherings, trips, & lots of planning and decision making. Now that the year has begun and the wedding is about 200 days away anxiety of getting everything on time and done is setting in.
First of all I would like to share that I am not only her MOH, but also her wedding planner. That's a new title for me: MOH/WP I'll explain why. For the last couple of weeks i have booked appointments for catering, checked out venues, decorations, flowers and so on. But I have got to say that I feel like i'm getting to know my sister just a little more. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole planning process. It's getting my sister to cooperate with me that I am having a little bit of trouble.
So they(my sister and her husband2b) have decided they are paying for the wedding. Obviously my mother said she will pitch in with a specific figure, which i have in writing. I know his family and they will be helping out as well. But i have noticed that my sister A)stresses out easily. I have to get her on a good mood to sit down with her and talk about the wedding plans. She gets frustrated when i give her more that 3 choices to pick from and B)she is very indecisive. The colors at the beginning of the planning process was one and now half way through she has changed her mind. She's lucking we haven't officially chosen the linens yet. Guess what I did. I don't know if this is mean or not, but i took her to Osh yesterday after work. I said meet me at osh i have to show you something so she agreed. I took her to the paint station where they have the tons of different colors to choose from for paint. I told her that she had to officially pick the colors she wanted for the wedding. I know she hates choices, but it was the only thing i could think of where we could compare different color combinations and to make her finally decide. So after a few minutes we compared colors to some pictures we had and made a decision. After we were done she insisted we leave. I said if you change your mind again, i will bring you right back here to choose again. I have a feeling she will no longer be changing her mind on this. Jajajaja. 
Any time i bring up some decision for the wedding she turns me away as if we had all the time in the world, yet she expects me to do everything. Then again she is my little sister. I want her stress free, scratch that i need her stress free, she can get moody. Gotta luv family. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment